Student Research Groups
The next call for proposals is expected to take place in summer 2023. You can also find more information on the Excellence University page.
In the course of the Excellence Strategy, the University of Hamburg supports students in starting their own research projects during their studies and in qualifying themselves in the area of research-based learning at an early stage.
Who can apply?
- Students of the University of Hamburg in Bachelor's, Master's and State Examination programmes.
- Teams of at least 2 people
What is funded?
- Student research projects
- Maximum project duration 12 months
- Exclusively material costs such as material costs (specialist literature and software, small equipment), travel costs for research purposes and conference fees (also for digital conferences).
- Excursions, contracts for work or auxiliary activities are not eligible for funding. Research for doctoral projects, dissertations and theses is also not eligible for funding.
How is funding provided?
- 10,000 euros maximum funding volume for an individual project
- Total funding of 100,000 euros per year
- Funding is announced on a semester basis
- What are the selection criteria for research projects?
- Scientific nature
- Relevance to society
- Support from a habilitated teacher or professor at the University of Hamburg
- Time planning
- Financial planning
- Possibility of cooperation
More information here.